True fulfillment can be found by knowing Jesus Christ intimately, loving Him intensely, serving Him passionately, & trusting Him completely

Friday, September 17, 2010

word search.


"every WORD of God is flawless." Proverbs 30:5


This is how the Lord speaks to me. Not through sentences, paragraphs, chapters, or books, but through words. Individual, all by themselves, pointed out, bold print/italicized/underlined words.
I believe that we remain in relationship with Christ by hearing from Him. and until we discover our own personal way of "hearing" from the Lord, our relationship remains rocky.

I find it humorous that the Lord chooses to SHOW me things in order to HEAR from Him. Different senses? vision vs. hearing. I believe He just knows my love for music...and the fact that I always have noise playing in my life. Whether a song's stuck in my head, humming a tune, Pandora-my love, or my Ipod on shuffle.... noise surrounds me. constantly. Because of this He shows me words. It's interesting the words He chooses to share with me. Each day, who knows what He will reveal. This leaves a game of hide and seek for me. The beauty of my daily "word search" with God is that I am forced to keep my eyes wide open.....no matter where I am. When I spot a word that I can't take my eyes off of, I know something's up; like He's holding up a poster-board with that word boldly written across it.

I never leave home without these three things: 1) my Bible, 2) a notebook, or two or three, and 3) a pen, or twelve at that. He usually reveals my first word-of-the-day in my intimate time spent with Him every morning. After the first spotting of my word (or words depending on His will and intent for the day), the game has begun. It honestly is exciting, kind of like a scavenger hunt! He challenges me daily stating, "I Spy how many (insert word here) can you find today, Reagan?" I like to translate this from Him to mean, "Will you walk hand in hand with me today? all day? Will your eyes remain open for opportunities to see me at work in your life, in the lives of those around you, and in times where I can use YOU to glorify my name?" If this doesn't challenge me, than I'm just not looking hard enough. Yes, there are day where I only see my word once or twice. But it's days like those that I believe I picked out the wrong word from the beginning. Not what he willed me to see, but what I was seeking out of my own desire. Such a bad mistake and missed opportunity to see God at work and laugh out loud (or cry) in awe of His marvelous work. These are the days I struggle; the days I battle with the enemy. These are the days I've learned to regret before they have even occurred.

"You are my portion, O Lord; I have promised to obey yours WORDS" Psalm 119:57

All of this being said, I hope to share with you often the WORDS that the Lord reveals to me. And more importantly, the teaching, instruction, and scripture that He offers me in response to His choice of words for that day. In following blog entries, I plan to share with you everywhere I saw my word-both on earth and in scripture, what He taught me about this word, and how I plan on applying this word to my life to glorify Him and further His name. I hope that you will join me.

In brief review of my past week, the words that He revealed are as listed:
-Prosperity
-Excellence
-Season
-Waiting
-Surrender
-Contentment
-Fasting

You can see that the Lord pulls from His word bank at random. There is no rhyme or reason as to which one He will choose that day. In response to this exciting game that the Lord offer's me each day, I cannot wait to see what's next!

"If you remain in me and MY WORDS remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you." John 15:7

1 comment: